Canadian Honky-Tonk Bar Association

Rejoice, you have a voice, if you’re concerned about the destination, of this great nation,
We represent the hardhat, gunrack, achin’-back, over taxed, flag-wavin’, fun-lovin’ crowd!

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Upset

Not a big post here, but I'm upset for 2 reasons:

1) I come to my parents place for the weekend, but when I show up at their door they aren't even in the country! Ok, they were just out for dinner in Buffalo and they live in St. Catharines, and my mom had fresh baked cookies ready for me on the kitchen table... so I guess I don't have a reason to be mad about that.

2) What I am actually upset about is how Ralph Klein is getting slammed by the Liberals, and that is all the media likes to report. No one mentions how our health care system is not sustainable and that, right or wrong, Klein is the only person in power with the guts to do something about it. My anger isn't that I think Klein is right and everyone should adopt his policies (even though he is right), it is that we can't even have a discussion about it! Wanting Canadians to have better health care, without moving tax freedom day another month back, is not un-Canadian in any way! We live in a country with (semi) free speech, keep it going Ralph! Don't worry King Ralph, if dialogue can eventually open up because of what you are doing and a real change to the system can happen, Canadians years from now will thank you - even if you are getting slammed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home