Canadian Honky-Tonk Bar Association

Rejoice, you have a voice, if you’re concerned about the destination, of this great nation,
We represent the hardhat, gunrack, achin’-back, over taxed, flag-wavin’, fun-lovin’ crowd!

Friday, January 07, 2005

Union Benefits!

Well I can already see the beneifts of being in a union (other than the obvious one of me blogging instead of working): I get paid weekly instead of monthly! Now if I assume I can earn 5% annualized return on money, which isn't too far off what my mutual funds have made after oil prices calmed down, I calculated the present value of my extra income. Over the 4 months, I am making about $19 more*. Yep, 19 bucks exta, wahoo! Good thing the union dues only cost $250 over the term... wait a second!



*Calculations assume 4 weeks/month for simplicity. Exercize for reader: work backwards and attempt to figure out my salary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home