Canadian Honky-Tonk Bar Association

Rejoice, you have a voice, if you’re concerned about the destination, of this great nation,
We represent the hardhat, gunrack, achin’-back, over taxed, flag-wavin’, fun-lovin’ crowd!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Western Standard

Once the whole cartoon thing happened, I decided to subscribe to the Western Standard. I just wanted to say I am completely happy with my decision and urge others to do the same. I didn't subscribe just to reward them for reporting a major news story, but because they were the only one willing to do so. Every major media outlet in Canada should have done the same. It is hard to get perspective on a story about cartoons without showing the cartoons. The Standard has a lot of great articles written from people with great perspectives (from the right to the further right at least!). They don't pander to the Conservative Party either, if the CPC is wrong, they are not afraid to call them out, such as with the recent article by David Warren in the March 27th issue being highly critical of Peter MacKay. I am certainly Conservative, but I am more loyal to advancing freedom than I am to a political party, and the Western Standard does a great job holding the Conservative Party to this. After this year is over, I plan to renew my subscription. My only regret is that I missed out on the first two years of the publication!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home