Canadian Honky-Tonk Bar Association

Rejoice, you have a voice, if you’re concerned about the destination, of this great nation,
We represent the hardhat, gunrack, achin’-back, over taxed, flag-wavin’, fun-lovin’ crowd!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

From our cold dead hands...

Well I have actually never owned a gun, but a Liberal proposed ban on handguns really annoys me. The crime wave is happening with illegal guns, not the legal ones that are registered by the billion dollar gun registry. I hardly see how this will solve anything. Criminals already have shown they are willing to break the law by not having registered guns, why would anyone think that a ban on handguns will magically make them not have guns anymore?

This proposed ban reminds me of a conversation I had about 6 years ago, when the gun registry was going into place. My then girlfriend's father was explaining to me that he would not register his guns because then the government may eventually take them away. We had an argument about this, I was thinking he was crazy to even suggest that the government would do something like this. At the time I was thinking that he was completely paranoid. I guess he had reason to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home